Your journey to a happier, more confident life starts with a private, in-depth consultation with your surgeon, where we learn about you and your vision and goals. Discover San Antonio’s premier clinic for plastic surgery.
What is the Mommy Makeover Procedure?
Having children is a blessing, but you know that it can hit your body hard. It may seem hard to capture that youthful appearance after pregnancy between sagging breasts, extra weight, and stretch marks.
A mommy makeover procedure could be just what you need! The idea is to revamp the appearance and shape of your body after having a child. Women usually notice changes in their bodies after carrying a baby for nine months. Some of the body parts that a mommy makeover can transform include:
Most mommy makeovers are done in one procedure, but your plastic surgeon will let you know what your options are.
Think about it: With one procedure, you could shape and tone your body to resemble how you looked before the baby!
This guide provides the scoop on what a mommy makeover is, the procedures involved, what to expect, and much more.
Why People Get a Mommy Makeover
We’ll dig into what a mommy makeover entails below. But first: There are many plastic surgery procedures that you can get. Why do many women choose a mommy makeover? Here are the most significant reasons:
- It’s affordable: Rather than paying for, say, four or five procedures separately, all of them can usually be done at once. This will save money on the facility, equipment, and anesthesia. Plus, you don’t have to go through it all several times.
- Dramatic results: Women often love mommy makeovers because they see results almost immediately. You won’t need to wait months between procedures. Enjoy the ‘new you’ all at once after your recovery!
- One time only: You don’t need to go through five recoveries, just one. And you will probably miss less work time this way.
- Enhance your appearance: So many mothers are unhappy with their post-pregnancy bodies. Why endure that when an affordable solution is within your grasp?
- Better clothing fit: After pregnancy, your clothes may not fit properly. Even if you lose most of your baby weight, you may still have issues related to sagging breasts or difficult stomach fat.
- Tightens the abs: The abs usually stretch a lot as the baby grows. They can separate permanently, given you a flabby stomach. A mommy makeover stitches your abdominal muscles back together.
Types Of Mommy Makeover Procedures
So if a guide to mommy makeover sounds intriguing, but what’re we talking about here? The most common procedures done in a mommy makeover include:
Breast Augmentation and Lift
Your breasts tend to sag as you age. When you throw nursing and pregnancy into the mix, this accelerates the annoying effects of gravity on your ‘girls.’ Breasts can not just sag but lose volume and firmness after the baby arrives.
A San Antonio breast lift can snip away extra skin and reshape and lift your breasts, so you look younger. Your San Antonio breast augmentation plastic surgeon may also recommend silicone or saline breast implants if you want a larger chest.
For the mom who wants to look like they did before pregnancy, a tummy tuck is popular.
As your belly grows during pregnancy, the muscles and skin stretch. An abdominoplasty or tummy tuck deals with extra skin and separated stomach muscles. A tummy tuck can result in a better-toned belly that you’re sure to love!
Some women can drop the baby weight with no outside help. More power to them! But some stubborn fat pockets can remain post-pregnancy, no matter how much you work out or diet.
The great news is that San Antonio liposuction can suck out those annoying fat deposits from your hips, abs, love handles, arms, back, and thighs. Liposuction can shape the fat pockets caused by your pregnancy and bring back your beautiful curves.
If you opt for liposuction, you may also consider a fat transfer. This means transferring your fat deposits to other parts of the body that need more volume. For instance, your surgeon can move abdominal fat to your breasts or buttocks for an all-natural enhancement.
Your surgeon wishes and purifies your fat before it’s injected into the desired areas.
What You Can Expect
Are you ready to sign up for a mommy makeover? Great! But first, let’s break down the process:
- Consultation: Your plastic surgeon will talk to your about your mommy makeover goals during your consultation. She also will look at your body type, proportion, skin laxity, and fat tissue to provide her recommendations.
- Procedure: Depending on your situation and goals, your plastic surgeon may perform a breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, fat transfer, and other procedures. Read the descriptions above for more information on the most common mommy makeover procedures.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, you can expect one to three days of recovery in a postoperative recovery suite and up to three days of pain medication.
- Recovery: Most women can go back to work within 10 days and experience bruising for up to three weeks. Swelling takes from two to eight weeks to subside.
Request a Mommy Makeover Consultation
If you’re dreaming of having the body of your youth and never thought it was possible – not so! Let Dr. Scott J Farber or Dr. Amita Shah of Hill Country Plastic Surgery consult with you for your mommy makeover procedure today. They’ll go over the mommy makeover procedure, your goals, and more to determine if you’re an ideal candidate.
- Mommy Makeover Overview. (n.d.). Accessed from https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/mommy-makeover
- Five Things You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-a-mommy-makeover
- Mommy Makeover Procedure. Accessed at https://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body-procedures/mommy-makeover/
- Plastic Surgery Risks. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.hillcountryplasticsurgery.com/what-are-the-risks-to-plastic-surgery/