Pregnancy and childbirth are amazing processes that allow a woman to bring new life into the world, however, they can also take a toll on a woman's body. A Mommy Makeover is the term used to describe a combination of procedures that are designed to restore the pre-pregnancy shape of a woman's body.
How do I care for my drains?
Sometimes it is necessary to place a drain after surgery. The purpose of a drain is to remove excess fluid from the surgical area. Empty the bulbs and measure the output whenever the bulbs are half full, or at least twice a day.
You will be given a sheet to record how much is coming out of the drains. Bring this sheet to your follow-up appointment. In general, drains remain in place until there is less than 30mL (1oz) out of the drain for two days in a row.
Please call us immediately if:
Please call if you have the following signs/symptoms:
- temperature greater than 100.5 F
- bleeding or pus draining from the wound site. If you have bleeding, apply direct pressure to the area for 20 minutes
- if your wounds come apart
- increasing pain that is not controlled on oral pain medications
- increasing redness or size at the surgical site
- your drain is not holding suction
- Any other concerns