Your journey to a happier, more confident life starts with a private, in-depth consultation with your surgeon, where we learn about you and your vision and goals. Discover San Antonio’s premier clinic for plastic surgery.
What should I do or not do before the day of surgery?
Please do not:
- Smoke (cigarettes, vape, or pipe) or use any nicotine products 4 weeks prior to and after your surgery. Smoking and nicotine greatly impair healing, which can cause increased risk for infection and complications, such as delayed incisional healing or wound opening which lead to worse scarring.
- Expose yourself to secondhand smoke, as this can also cause wound healing problems. If you use nicotine products, you will need to stop 4 weeks prior to surgery, you will also need to undergo a nicotine test prior to surgery to ensure that it is out of your system.
- Drink alcohol before or after your surgery (until cleared by your surgeon). In addition, please do not drink alcohol while taking pain medication, as this can have serious, and life-threatening side effects.
- Do not take blood thinners such as Advil, Aleve, Naproxen, Fish Oil, Garlic, CoQ10, Omega 3,6, Motrin, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, medications for arthritis or any medication that contains these medications for ten days prior to your surgery and two weeks after.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.